About Me

My photo
You've got a face for a smile you know, a shame you waste it when you're breaking me slowly but I've got a world of chances for you -Demi Lovato

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Theory of Predestination and Free Will :)

Mmmkay so the theory of Predestination basically says that it is predeterminded who will reach salvation and who will not.  So do I agree with this theory?  It's difficult for me to say.  I like that think that I am in control of my own destiny and so is everyone around me.  Otherwise my actions would control me and if I did something wrong, it would be proof that it was predestined that I would not reach salvation.  The thought of predestination seems to put certain people who live a certain way on a pedistal above the rest of us who don't seem to be as lucky as them seeing as they are the "chosen few".  The entire concept creates a gap in the social status and contridicts the idea that all men are created equal.  What happens when people turn their life around half way through?  Would the first half prove that they wouldn't reach salvation, or would the second have prove that they would?  The idea seems slightly discriminatory in my mind.